Bring your ideas to us!
LUNOVU has been operating an in-house application center since 2017. Initially planned for internal product and process development, it has since developed into an important part of the LUNOVU product and service portfolio. In 2021 and 2022, the center was significantly expanded so that different machine types and sizes are now available to carry out material, process and application developments. The focus today is primarily on development services and feasibility studies for our customers and those interested in technology.
Open to everyone
The application center is deliberately open to anyone who is interested. The idea behind it is to jointly advance LMD technology and to develop new applications, processes and materials. Typical tasks are:
- Feasibility studies for specific materials
- Studies of wear protection applications
- Feasibility studies for complex additive manufacturing tasks
- Screening of materials for specific applications
- Basic process developments
- Application developments for customer components
- Process and application developments for LUNOVU machine customers
- Demonstration of the LUNOVU machine systems
- Demonstration of the LUNOVU scan/toolpath generation technology, software and process chains
None of your ideas are too strange for us. We love to think along with you to make the impossible possible. Please contact us – an immediate answer is guaranteed!
High-tech equipment for challenging tasks
The application center has been expanded over the years in order to meet all conceivable technological requirements. The equipment includes:
- LUNOVU LMD machine systems (5-axis CNC and robot based)
- LunoSUITE scan/toolpath generation system
- Diode lasers in different power classes and beam qualities
- Extensive options for powder handling including LUNOVU PMMS powder measurement system
- Component preheating up to 550°C
- Metallographic analysis including sample preparation